If my child rides from a “house” stop and is not going to attend school, how do I notify the driver?
You can notify the Transportation Department or the Contracted Bus Company. Please have the following information ready: child’s name, school of attendance, stop location and route #.

How do I find out whether schools will close, have a delayed opening, or early dismissal when the weather is inclement?
Log onto the main page of the Robbinsville Public Schools web site. For further information see “School Closings & Delays”.

What time will my bus come when there is a delayed opening?
Delayed opening is 90 minutes later than the regular scheduled school time. Buses will pick up students at their regularly assigned bus stops 90 minutes (1 ½ hours) later than the regularly scheduled pick up time. For further information see “School Closings & Delays”.

What are the requirements necessary to obtain a School Bus Driver license?
Bus drivers have a special license called a “CDL”, (commercial drivers license). Applicants for a bus driver license must have a safe driving record with no criminal convictions, pass a special CDL physical, pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test, have fingerprints taken for both State and Federal review, have a promise of employment from a school district or a contractor, and take a series of written tests before obtaining a permit. The written test requires the applicant to have knowledge of bus inspection, pupil safety, and braking procedures.

Bus drivers are required to have thirty (30) hours of behind the wheel training, learn how to inspect a bus for safety issues before going out on the road, (pre-trip inspection), and take a driving test in the vehicle they will be using.

Once all of this is complete and the license issued, the drivers are still required to be part of a yearly random drug/alcohol testing, a license review every 6 months, have a CDL physical every two years, and be fingerprinted every time their license is renewed.

How do I know if my child’s bus is safe?
All school vehicles are required by law to have a quarterly maintenance, (oil, fluids, brakes, etc.), and a twice yearly 900 point State Inspection by the Department of Motor Vehicles. The inspection process not only includes the bus but also all paper work associated with the vehicle, (purchases for parts and fluids, repair requests and results of repair, review of quarterly maintenance records, and all driver records).

Buses either get a new 6-month sticker, a 30-day repair notice, or a red sticker which means the bus is off the road.

What should I do if my child does not get off of the bus?
The following is a guideline of steps to take:

  • Ask another child if they remember seeing your child on the bus.
  • Call the Transportation Department 632-0910 x 2213.
  • Remain at your child’s bus stop.
  • Stay in contact with the Transportation Department.

Bus contractors have set guidelines for their drivers when such situations occur; the following are the District’s Guidelines that have been forwarded to all contractors that service Robbinsville Schools:

All PK-3 grade and special education students must be met by an adult at the end of the school day.

If for some reason an adult is not present for a kindergarten student, the driver must inform their office who will then contact the Transportation Department. The driver must continue dropping off the other children and then circle back to the child’s stop. The driver may not release the child to anyone (other than the adult who is normally at the stop to receive the child) without the permission from the Transportation Department. 

What happens if my child gets on the wrong bus in the afternoon?
If your child happens to get on the wrong bus, the bus driver will notify his/her dispatcher. The contractor will then contact the Transportation Department.  The Transportation Department will have the driver continue through his/her route and then return the child to his/her school. School administration will already have been Informed and they will call the parent to have the child picked up at school.

What happens if we move within Robbinsville?
If you are moving you must fill out a Change of Address  form. Upon completion, this form should be handed in to the main office of the youngest child's school.  Please note that the Transportation Department CANNOT accept address changes.

Please feel free to contact the Transportation Department at 609-632-0910 (2213) with any questions and/or concerns.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.