SCHOOL CLOSINGS AND DELAYED OPENINGS
The decision to close school, have a delayed opening or to dismiss students early is made by the Superintendent. Every effort will be made to reach a final decision by 5:30 am in the event of a full day school closing or a delayed opening. While there are numerous factors to consider when making this decision, the most important factor is the safety of our children.
Critical questions and determining factors include:
- Can the buses deliver students to and from school?
- Can students safely get to and from the designated bus stops? If so, can they wait safely?
- Have the roadcrews sufficiently cleaned the roads, not only in our district but in the surrounding ones to allow for staff to report?
- Is the inclement weather going to continue throughout the day, or has it ceased.
Parents will be notified of a closure or delayed opening in the following ways.
- Automated phone message
- Automated email message
- Information will be posted on the district website
90-Minute Delayed Opening Schedule
When a delayed opening is called, all schools will open one and a half (1 ½) hours later than usual. Please allow extra time for your child (ren) to get to their designated bus stop as well as for the bus to arrive.
A few examples for figuring out your bus time:
|Normal Pickup Time
||Delayed Opening PickupTime
| 7:00 AM
| 7:24 AM
| 8:17 AM
90-Minute Delayed Opening Bell Schedule
RHS - 9:00 a.m. to 2:05 p.m.
PRMS - 9:25 a.m. to 2:49 p.m.
SES - 10:25 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- The Robbinsville Extended Day (R.E.D.) program will NOT be open on delayed opening mornings.
- There will be no AM Preschool on delayed opening mornings.
There are times when school is in session and the weather deteriorates causing an early closing. Please note that all after school activities, and programs held in the schools after hours will be CANCELLED.
The Robbinsville Extended Day program (R.E.D.) will remain open until 4:30 p.m. in the event of an early closing however, parents are strongly encouraged to pick up their child(ren) as early as possible.
Early Closing Schedule
RHS - 11:45 a.m.
PRMS - 12:45 p.m.
SES - 1:15 p.m.
Please have emergency plans in place for your child(ren) in the event of an early closing. It is also important to note that emergency closings or delayed openings due to inclement weather, affect ALL students residing in Robbinsville. This includes all public, non-public, special education, vocational students and the R.E.D. program.